martes, 12 de febrero de 2008

Clockwork Orange!




Stanley Kubrick definitely has a variety of themes and purposes on his productions. All the movies are very different and a Clockwork Orange is not an exception.
The scenes I selected for this analysis were the ones were Alex and his small gang invades a countryside house, beat the owner and Alex rape his wife while singing and dancing “Singing in the rain”. The first thing I did was look for the lyric of this song, in which the first verse says “I'm singing in the rain, Just singing in the rain, What a glorious feelin', I'm happy again…” The rest of song tells that it is an optimistic song; although around you become dark clouds, you can have the sun in your heart. For me the dark clouds that the song talk about is the pain and suffering that he is doing to that people, and he is singing because he enjoy to do that things. We can appreciate the way he smile and dance while he is singing; he looks very happy and victorious maybe, like if he was doing something very nice. I think Kubrick want that the viewer understand how sick of mind is this boy, and for me he achieved his purpose. The music comes from another production so it is a song not a score composed for the film. Also we can see that the source is onscreen because is Alex directly who is singing it.

No hay comentarios: